Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I think we can, I think we can, I think we can.....

Wow, what a month! We have been working our tails off trying to get ready for this thing! What an undertaking to untangle from this life, society and all of our junk! We have been so busy that I have not been able to think, let along update the blog!

We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, finally, but we still have a lot to do. We have 6 days before we have to be out of this house and crammed into the camper. Eesh!

This past weekend we had a huge moving sale. We sold a lot, but in he end we still had Greg's Ford 350 and my FJ filled to the brim with things for Goodwill. It was an amazing feeling when we drove away from the Goodwill drop off. I felt like I had just unloaded a 100lb pack off my back. I drove away with a huge smile on my face. It was crazy how much stuff we accumulated over the years. So many things that I didn't know I even had until we unpacked the cupboards and cabinets. I think we had 10 glass vases! Ridiculous amounts of clothes too. We gave aways 6 big black hefty sacks full of our clothes. Now, what is left is what we actually wear and like!

Last night Greg took out all the carpet upstairs to prep for the new carpet coming in for the renters. Our house will finally be beautiful and upgraded now that we are leaving. Such is life. We are all sleeping downstairs in our furnitureless house. We still have more to sell, organize and dump. Food cupboards still need to be scoured and this house will need a major cleaning! Then we will squish the 4 of us and the Chuhuaerrier into the camper and be off...

What is going on with the camper? Well, between all the above mentioned things, Greg has been diligently working on the camper. Yesterday he welded a rack for our 3 case that we get to take. The boys each have one. The rule is: If it fits, you can take it. Man, are those tubs crammed! Zane fit all of his Trolls, Zsu Zsu pets(complete with home), guns, canteen, Ukulele, and misc toys. Curren got all his Legos, Bakugans, cars, barely the guitar and other misc stuff. The last tub holds skateboards, scooters and helmets.

Our sweet Pragmatizo(Camper) is in the shop getting some much needed care. It is getting the rear seal fixed among other things that is needs. Greg will fill you in on that. Not my strength, obviously.

Our bed area is all painted, padded and curtained. Greg will have to get on here to tell you all he has done. So much that I can't even list and working as a General Contractor all the while!

I am still running MM while we do all this as well. Finalizing taxes for both businesses, scheduling and homeschooling too! This week will just have to be a light school week. I mean, I am not Wonder woman!!

Tonight, I get to let loose with my good friends a my favorite Mexican place. I so look forward to that! I will miss my friends and my girls get aways!!

That is it for now. I will try to get some new pics up and posted soon.

Love you all,
Danielle

P.S. Here are some pics to see what we have been up to over the last year. Next posting, I will some newer pictures or how the camper looks now.





1 comment:

  1. We also had SO much stuff left over, we donated quite a bit! Hope to see you on the road soon, safe travels!

    ReplyDelete